Want to prepare a delicious dessert to share with friends at family at your Memorial Day celebration this weekend? You can’t go wrong with an easy-to-make (not to mention no-bake) icebox cake!
1 qt. Heavy Cream
2 Tbls. Granulated Sugar
1 1⁄4 cups Strawberry Puree
Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies (about 100)
1. Pour the heavy cream into the mixer bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the sugar. Begin whipping on a medium high speed until the cream thickens slightly in the middle. Once the cream begins to thicken, whip on high speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the cream is very thick.
2. Remove the mixer bowl from the mixer stand, gently add the strawberry puree folding into the whipped cream until fully combined. Do not stir the whipped cream or whip in the mixer again.
3. Using your off‐set spatula, begin by putting a very thin layer of cream on the doily, spinning and smoothing the cream out to the inner edge of the doily. Use just enough cream for the first layer of wafers to stick to the doily.
4. Take 7 wafer cookies and place around the edge of the whipped cream and one in the center. Be sure the wafers are of equal distance from each other.
5. Place about 1⁄2 cup of cream for your first layer, using the off‐set spatula, smooth the cream out almost out to the edge, until you can barely see the edge of the wafer.
6. For the second layer use 7 more cookies placing them directly in between the first layer of wafers, making sure they are of equal distance apart from each other.
7. With the following layers of the cake stack the cookies like bricks, for example, the 3rd layer of wafers will be placed directly on top of the first layer of wafers using about 1⁄2 of whipped cream per layer.
8. Continue with this pattern until the cake is about 10‐12 layers high. 9.
9. Store in a Tupperware container in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours before serving.