We are excited to announce the opening of our store in Tokyo! The newest members of the Magnolia Family are proud to open the store’s doors on June 16th at 11AM. The store will be open Monday-Sunday from 11AM to 8PM.
If you’re in the area, be sure to pick up your favorite Magnolia Bakery treats at 5-10-1 GYRE B1F in Jingumae Shibuya-ku Tokyo. The store can also be reached via telephone: 03 6450 5800.
Father’s Day is coming up and we have a variety of treats that will surely make dad feel special.
Our #1 dad cupcakes are classic vanilla or chocolate cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream and a loving “#1 dad” edible image. ($5.25) each, available for advance order starting June 1, as well as in-store June 13-15.
Our classic Father’s Day cupcakes are vanilla or chocolate cupcakes topped with vanilla or chocolate buttercream and festive Father’s Day decorations ($3.50 each, available for advance order starting June 1 and in-store June 13-15.
Our online store also offers a variety of Father’s Day themed cupcakes, including our sports assortment, our hole-in-one box and our tool kit cupcake box. Order a box today to ensure they arrive in time for Father’s Day on June 15.
It’s strawberry month at Magnolia Bakery and we’re offering a variety of delicious, strawberry-filled treats in stores!
Be sure to stop by and try our brand new strawberry cupcake, which is a fresh strawberry puree cupcake topped with a light strawberry meringue buttercream. Also available as a three-layer 9” cake, layered with fresh strawberries.
For all the pie lovers out there, our strawberry icebox pie is another delicious option. This pie contains fresh strawberries coated with a strawberry glaze layered into a graham cracker crust, and finished with whipped cream. Buy a mini or 9-inch pie!
Our strawberry icebox cake is another featured dessert this month. Treat yourself to a personal size cake made with handmade chocolate wafers layered with strawberry puree whipped sweet cream or purchase a cake for an upcoming celebration! Want to learn how to make this fan favorite yourself? Check out the recipe here.
Want to prepare a delicious dessert to share with friends at family at your Memorial Day celebration this weekend? You can’t go wrong with an easy-to-make (not to mention no-bake) icebox cake!
1 qt. Heavy Cream
2 Tbls. Granulated Sugar
1 1⁄4 cups Strawberry Puree
Nabisco Chocolate Wafer Cookies (about 100)
1. Pour the heavy cream into the mixer bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the sugar. Begin whipping on a medium high speed until the cream thickens slightly in the middle. Once the cream begins to thicken, whip on high speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the cream is very thick.
2. Remove the mixer bowl from the mixer stand, gently add the strawberry puree folding into the whipped cream until fully combined. Do not stir the whipped cream or whip in the mixer again.
3. Using your off‐set spatula, begin by putting a very thin layer of cream on the doily, spinning and smoothing the cream out to the inner edge of the doily. Use just enough cream for the first layer of wafers to stick to the doily.
4. Take 7 wafer cookies and place around the edge of the whipped cream and one in the center. Be sure the wafers are of equal distance from each other.
5. Place about 1⁄2 cup of cream for your first layer, using the off‐set spatula, smooth the cream out almost out to the edge, until you can barely see the edge of the wafer.
6. For the second layer use 7 more cookies placing them directly in between the first layer of wafers, making sure they are of equal distance apart from each other.
7. With the following layers of the cake stack the cookies like bricks, for example, the 3rd layer of wafers will be placed directly on top of the first layer of wafers using about 1⁄2 of whipped cream per layer.
8. Continue with this pattern until the cake is about 10‐12 layers high. 9.
9. Store in a Tupperware container in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours before serving.
The sun and warm weather have finally returned and so have our ice cream sandwiches!
Magnolia Bakery is offering a variety of ice cream sandwiches, including double fudge brownie, blondie, red velvet, magic cookie bar, and lemon bar. All of Magnolia Bakery’s handmade ice cream sandwiches are made with Ronnybrook Dairy’s supreme premium ice cream, in either Hudson Valley Vanilla or Chocolate.
The ice cream sandwiches start at $6.00 each and will be available starting May 21st in all New York locations.
Celebrate an upcoming graduation with a sweet send-off. Our graduation cupcakes are now available for advance order!
Our class of 2014 cupcakes are classic vanilla or chocolate cupcakes topped with vanilla buttercream and celebratory “Class of 2014” edible images. ($5.25 each)
Or, order a few of our grad packs, which are packages of 12 mini chocolate and vanilla cupcakes topped with chocolate and vanilla buttercream and an assortment of graduation-themed decons and sprinkles. ($18.00/pack of 12)
Lastly, our classic graduation cupcakes are classic vanilla or chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate or vanilla buttercream and a graduation cap. ($3.50 each)
Finish off your spread with a double bowl of our banana pudding and an assortment of our fresh cookies and make this sweet celebration one your graduate will never forget!
Fruit pies are my absolute favorite desserts, and delicious pie crusts are among the most important parts!
Here are some tricks for baking the perfect double crust for seasonal fruit pies.
1. Wait to add sugar until just before you are ready to add your fruit to the pie. Otherwise, your pie filling will be too watery.
2. After you roll your bottom layer crust, brush a thin layer of egg white wash over the bottom and sides.
3. When you add the fruit to the pie pan make sure to “mound” it – gently press together so you create a snug, generously portioned pile of fruit.
4. When adding the top crust, once again, press your dough toward the center over the fruit. This allows the dough to “drop” during baking.
5. Be sure to cut or prick the top dough to vent some of the steam. You can get creative here as well, just like we did for our Pi Day caramel apple hand pies!
6. A nice egg wash and sugar/cinnamon sprinkle adds a nice sparkle and continues to a browned crisp top.
7. Check your oven temperature with an oven thermometer. Conventional ovens are often off quite a few degrees, which means your pie could under or over bake easily. You don’t want to ruin all your hard work!
What are your favorite Magnolia Bakery fruit pies? Tell us on Instagram by mentioning @MagnoliaBakeryNYC in your post!
Baking is like creating art, and every last detail makes a major contribution to the final product. My years with Magnolia Bakery and creating new recipes have taught me so much about the importance of paying attention to these little details. Here are some of my best baking tips that I want to share with you to ensure that your recipes come out in tip-top shape!
1. Always read your recipe through several times and lay out all your ingredients before you start baking. Pay attention to the details and be prepared.
2. The best way to finish off a double-crusted pie is with an egg wash and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. It will also help achieve that golden brown color that a pie baker craves.
3. My favorite baking tools are my tongs and my bench scraper. I use my tongs for everything from opening the oven door to mixing ingredients in a pan. The bench scraper is the best clean up tool around!
4. Always make sure you fully understand what each step entails. If you don’t know how to beat egg whites until “peaks form,” find a YouTube video and learn! Always follow directions. Check your oven temperature. Every last detail counts!